Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy 1 Month Birthday, Baby Girl!

The first month with Lily has been busy, but amazing.  I’m sure you all understand that we haven’t had much time for blog updates (although I am getting faster at one-handed typing), but now that we are getting into more of a routine I should have more time to post.  I’ll start with more recent pictures and try to stay current – then I can go back and post stuff from her first month as I have time. 

Last Friday, Lily turned 1 month old.  What a big girl (well, not that big…she still wears her newborn diapers)!  To refresh your memory, here she was at 4 days old:

 IMG_1958

And here she is at 1 month!

IMG_2521

Aside from the obvious physical changes are the much more dramatic social ones.  She is so alert and smiley these days, and we are loving it!  As we wrap up our first month with our little girl, it amazes us how totally and completely this little 8-pound person has turned our lives upside down.  From poopy diapers, sleepless nights, and crying...to gummy grins, happy gurgles, and little baby breaths on your neck as she peacefully slumbers - knowing she trusts you to keep her safe.  Yes, life as we knew it is over…and we couldn’t be happier!

No comments: