Two weekends ago was the USC spring football game. Michael an I have attended every year since 2000 (that I can remember), even if we sometimes had to sit in my car to tailgate because it was pouring rain and a certain SOMEONE did not bring our tent! Anyway, for the first time since 2000, Michael and I did not make it to the game. This was partly because of Little Miss Lily and partly because the Gamecocks are wretched, but the game was broadcast so we figured we weren’t really missing out.
So on Saturday, April 11th, Little Miss Lily was decked out in her Gamecock gear to watch the Gamecocks with Daddy. Or to play with Daddy and watch the game at the same time. Or…umm…to just play with Daddy. As it turns out, apparently neither Michael nor I actually watched the game and we didn’t really realize it at the time. When I asked Michael for a quote for this post about how the team looked since I didn’t have a clue (even though I was in the room the whole time the game was on), he responded, “ummm…I didn’t really pay attention.” So there you go…a commentary on how our team is unremarkable as well as a commentary on how captivated we our with our sweet baby! (Note to self: either get Lily more feminine Gamecock gear or glue a bow to her head next time!)
Here is a pictorial interpretation of how Lily and Michael think they would have felt about the game had they actually been paying attention:







1 comment:
Dude, I wasn't sitting in the rain.
Post a Comment