Okay, so December 29th was the last day of my fellowship – I just went in to finish up paperwork and turn in my badge.
It was a bittersweet moment. Now that I am done with my fellowship, I am officially done with all of my training. After what feels like my entire life in school or some sort of training (ha…that was a joke…it HAS been my entire life), I am finally deemed ready to practice independently. Oh wait…I still have a licensing exam to take. And THEN I’ll really be done, right? Anyway, although I am SO glad to finally be done, I made some really good friends at work, and will miss them. I also really came to enjoy my job (most of it!) and enjoyed working with all of the families who were so eager for help.
In case you’re interested, my current plan is to study for the licensing exam over the next few months (there is a written part and an oral part), and take it sometime after baby is born and has settled into somewhat of a more regular schedule. In the fall, I will look at whether the hospital can work out a part time job for me (which they have offered to do), which would ideally consist of evaluating preschool aged children with a question of Autism or other developmental delays. Plenty of time to work all that out though, so for now I will celebrate being done! (and get busy on the nursery!)







No comments:
Post a Comment