Saturday, December 6, 2008

New York!

In more non-baby-related news, Michael and I went to New York in early December so that he could attend a continuing education course. We stayed right by Time’s Square, so the location was fabulous. You might not know this, but according to Michael, New York’s best Italian food is not found in the Little Italy district, but right in Time’s Square. Sorry for the photo quality, but this was from my cell phone. Any guesses?

Photo_120308_001

If you noticed that Michael is holding a blinking coaster object, you might have been able to answer this one correctly. Yep! It’s Olive Garden! (good grief…what am I to do with this boy?) My Aunt Terri was extremely jealous, might I add.

Later that night, we were off to the theater to see…

I thought it was excellent, and Michael dutifully tolerated it. On a side note, I eventually even got him to whistle some tunes from the show a few weeks later by repeatedly playing them when he wasn’t paying attention…oh, the little things that amuse me.

The next day, we went to see the tree at Rockefeller Center, and also even took a horse-drawn carriage ride through Central Park! (mental note…no more pictures in my puffy down jacket after this trip, okay?)

IMG_1311

IMG_1316

More sightseeing on day 3, topped off with a trip to the top of Rockefeller center.

IMG_1335

On Day 4, we stopped by FAO Schwartz and picked up the cutest little stuffed bunny for baby. For some reason, this is the only picture I took in the store!

IMG_1344b

And the next day, it was back home!

PS. I forgot to mention that Michael managed to work in two stops to restaurants that deliver fried plantains again. Rice and Beans was one restaurant (in Hell's Kitchen), and the Arroz con Pollo was delicious! The other place was in Chelsea (I think?) - a cuban restaurant I have forgotten the name of, but it was also VERY good. Good choices, Michael!

3 comments:

Robbie said...

love how excited m.b. is to be standing next to a life sized chewbakka.

Anonymous said...

"And the next day, it was back home!"

The context isn't promising, but I really hope "it" in this sentence refers to the Lego Chewbacca.

Kristin B said...

Nah...Michael is building his own Jar Jar Binks from scratch!