Well, it looks like the waiting game is almost over. I found out today that I will be induced tomorrow morning, Tuesday March 10th at 7 am! Last night, I had mild, but regular contractions that I first noticed around 2 am (when they were around 8-9 minutes apart) and were still going when Michael work up to go to work this morning (by then they were about 6 and a half minutes apart). So, we decided to have the doctor check me out, because despite the regularity, the contractions didn’t really hurt and weren’t getting more intense (it was more that they were just uncomfortable and kept me from getting ANY sleep – I did get a lot of reading done, though!). The doctor said I may be in early labor, but it's hard to tell until they get stronger. I’m now 80-90% effaced but still 2 cm dilated, so she said it could progress to real labor tonight, or the next day. When I mentioned that my due date was Wednesday, she said we could just go ahead and schedule an induction in case this doesn’t turn into the real thing. Since she’s only on call tomorrow this week (and she’s my preferred doctor out of the practice), she said we could just go ahead and induce me tomorrow morning! So Michael and I had to decide, on the spot, whether or not tomorrow is a good day to have a baby. Um...sure...why not? :-)
It all seems a little surreal at this point, but we’re excited to meet her. We’ll keep you all posted!







No comments:
Post a Comment