Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bienvenido a Miami!


In November, everything was going just fine, baby-wise, with no new updates. For Thanksgiving, Michael and I came up with this elaborate travel plan that involved an overnight layover in Miami on the way to the Tampa/Tarpon Springs area (where we were going to visit with family). When we booked the trip a few months earlier, this seemed like a good idea - we've never been to Miami, and we figured we'd have an afternoon and evening to check it out. In reality, it was a bit of a packed trip, but it all worked out for the best. I don't have many pictures of us in Miami. Basically, we spent the afternoon walking down South Beach, which we found unexpectedly deserted at 3:00 on a Tuesday afternoon in November (umm...in hindsight, all I can say is, "duh"). We did snap some quick photos (note in my pic, the universal symbol for "this is baby and not just fat").












And, of course, gotta love those self-portraits! (or not...)








Even though I was CLEARLY not looking my best this day, a transvestite (and possible prostitute) actually stopped me on the street just to tell me what a cute pregnant lady I make! Aw...wasn't he/she sweet? :-)




We had dinner at a Cuban restaurant, and confirmed that Michael is addicted to fried sweet plantains. Ever since we went to Costa Rica in May, he is constantly on a quest to find restaurants that serve them. On the up side, they sure don't serve them at Pizza Hut and Olive Garden, so we have been branching out more when we go on trips!


The next morning, we headed off to the airport and then to Tampa...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you eat Cuban food? We went to some delicious dive while there last April - and LOVED it. Best plantains ever.

BTW, it is ABOUT TIME YOU UPDATE THIS THING.

I might get the award for most checks to your UNUPDATED BLOG. Don't ask me if UNUPDATED is a word.

Miss you!

Kristin B said...

I know, I know. I stink, but now you have WAY more posts to read than you ever wanted, so that should make it better, right? :-) I think we ate at a restaurant called Versailles? It was VERY busy with lots of Cuban families (one of our waiters didn't even speak English), so we felt like it was pretty authentic.

I miss you, too!